Monday, September 06, 2010

News for early September

I'm finishing the last of the digging of irises for my eBay sales. Really pleased with them this year, but next year will sell earlier and be done by the end of August. Fans just aren't looking good right now. I'd prefer to send them to customers looking their best.

Remember those huckleberry flowers I posted last spring? here they are again:


And here is what the bees made of them for me:


A huge bumper crop this year. More than I can even get to or use if I could. I turned that bowl, along with some frozen blackberries from earlier in the summer into this:


We'll be sharing it with friends after dinner tonight. The recipe is from Cuisine At Home, called a Black & Blue pie. Theirs calls for blueberries but I sub huckleberries. Same family. I am considering trying my hand at jelly. never done it before, but a good time to try as there is just so much fruit available.

Here's three shots of last nights sunset. Couldn't pick one I liked best so saved all of them. We have the best sunsets in Washington.






Not alot of cat action going on recently, tho I got two good shots of Miss Gracie this week. She is as gorgeous as ever.




Andf that DVD in the background? 'A Single Man' - fantastic. The directorial debut of fashion designer Tom Ford and what a beautiful piece of work it is. Every shot is a work of art. See it.

New kitten pics soon as I am getting a new one for my birthday. He is tiger-striped and marmalade in color. Had gone to look for another tuxedo baby but liked the personality on this one so much went with him. We'll call him Junebug (Junior, JuJuBee, Bugsy, etc.). I even get to pick him up on my birthday! Yay!

1 comment:

Sixteen Chickens said...

A NEW KITTEN! WHAT?!? That's so exciting! Happy birthday! You and the new kitteh are going to have so much funz!

The pie looks delicious!

(Thanks for the card and looking out for crows)