Thursday, August 26, 2010

Randomness...

Just some random photos. First are the chickens at Fertile Ground, a local B&B guest house in Olympia. Daniel and I walk over here on our break s from work and get some 'chicken therapy'. Really helps destress from the job. We are just enamored with these hens. They are so funny and have such personalities.


This is Eleanor - she thinks she is a free range bird and gets out of the pen alot, much to the bemusment of the pedestrians passing by.


Joey got a new afghan for his back seat and I just love it. I love this photo too, with the window reflections overlaid on it.


I usually finish off with a pic of one of our pretty kitties, but today I have something ugly to share. This came in on an iris from a friend (Thanks, Wy!). Found it in the rhizome when I went to plant it. It's an iris borer - first one I have ever seen, and hopefully the last. I am so thankful they cannot survive here.

1 comment:

Sixteen Chickens said...

LOL! That's funny! I don't spray or do anything to hinder them here. It is my way of making sure only the toughest irises survive.

Very pretty afghan!