Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rainy November

We've nothing but rain for two weeks. It's getting old, but that's the PNW for ya. Beats snow. Here's a shot of that bed I've been working on in the back yard. Both side beds are now complete and planted (mostly). Still need to dig the center circle bed and get it ready to plant. We'll get an apple tree in spring to be the centerpiece. I wanted something we could prune to fill the space we wanted and that gives us the bonus of fruit and multi-season interest.


Speaking of apples, here's a crisp I made last weekend. Granny smiths and no sweetening but the topping. Delish!

2 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

Yes, lots of rain does indeed beat lots of snow. I entirely agree.

Your apple crisp inspires me to make my first apple pie of the season.

Mu said...

You haven't made one yet? Wednesday's will be my forth or fifth. I adore apple pie. The apple tree in the middle of that bed? Granny Smith, for sure. Gotta have my pie apples.