Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer's back

After a really nice break for some rain and temps in the 60's for a week we are back to sunny days and temps in the 70's. very pleasant, and good timing too as I am finally able to get back to digging new flowerbeds! Huzzah! This weekend I'm working on this triangle shaped bed below. Have been trying to get to it since spring, but only now am able. Next I'll expand the bed behind it (to the left in the pic) to put some shrubs up against the house and break up the expanse.


I've really been enjoying this lovely Gaura 'Whirling Butterflies'. It is just a mass of little white flowers touched pale pink. Lives up to its name very well. It seems to like the poor soil and dry conditions so I plan to get plenty more of it. The deer love it, but if there's enough around they can't get it all.


I got some fresh peaches from the Fruit Truck and made a couple of pies for a potluck at work tomorrow. We already ate the peach crisp I made for Daniel and I last night. Dee-lish!


And last is a sunset from the other night. We've had some good ones lately.

No comments: