Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Winding down

Iris season is winding down now. Still alot of blooms, and the Japanese are just starting, but the bulk have passed. It's been pretty overwhelming and I'm a bit burnt out on pics. I took thousands and have kept 615 so far. Here's a few highlights.

Beotie. The color is not showing correctly in the photos. It is a gray-lavender-blue. Very smoky and subdued, but rich. Had seen it before but three stalks in bloom was just gorgeous. This one will get a more prominent position.


Loving Bronze Bell. Great shade of brown.


Cahokia has thrilled me for two years in a row. What a great iris! The color and form are really something. It blooms later too and extends the blue tone for the season, as my others are generally early.


On another note, I've managed to keep the deer of the rosa glauca and it is finally getting to put out a mass of blooms for us.


The peonies are really looking good this year. Finally filled in. On another note... Mr. Petey likes his sunbeam.


More to come...

2 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Cahokia is really nice! Petey has been eating well, such a snuggly belly, awww.

Miles said...

You captured the subtleties of the pinkish-purplish ones well.

That reminds me, I still have garden pics to sort through and send you.