Sunday, May 10, 2009

May pics

Way over due for a few new photos. Here's some irises:

Ritz - One of my favorite SDBs.


Pilgrim's Choice - The color is ethereal and impossible to capture with a camera. You have to see it in person. here's a close-up.




I. taochia - The slugs keep getting the flowers before I can get a shot of them. The color is amazing. So rich and metallic.


The annual open garden weekend is coming up: May 23-24, 10am - 5pm. Other times by appointment. Drop me a line - mikes.garden (at) gmail.com. I made this double sided sign to sit by the road at the end of the driveway, as the place is a little hard to find. I thought it turned out pretty good, even if the lettering is sloppy. I'll get the stand finished the next rainy day.


Miles came for a visit last weekend and helped me out in the garden. We got so much done! (And thank you so much, Miles.) He took the following three pics while here. I thought they were excellent. Especially the sky. The blue flowers are brunnera 'Langtrees'. Excellent shade plant. Very tough as well as beautiful.





3 comments:

Miles said...

The signs look great!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yay iris season! The signs are fab! You will be happy/surprised to know that I have actually weeded my gardens this spring. Irises are just starting to pop here. Amazing what a little time off from the working world can do. Though I must admit that weeding with a one year old can be a bit of a challenge.

Mu said...

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to train a weedpuller for you! LOL.