Friday, November 28, 2008

Ugh, I ate too moishe...

Thanksgiving

The Guest list:

Daniel and I
Miles
Terry
Joey and Wes

The menu:

Roast turkey
Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
turkey gravy (from scratch, natch)
Stuffing (as good as grandma's!)
Sweet potato souffle
Green bean casserole
Cranberry compote
Whole wheat rolls
Apple Pie
Pumpkin pie with freshly whipped cream
Many bottles of fabulous French wine








The result:

A great feast with great friends, and a very memorable day. The turkey was late but worth the wait - so moist and juicy. The gravy was a bit thin but so tasty. Joey's souffle was amazing. The pies were perfect and the wine was to die for. I'm thankful to have such good friends. Hope yours was as good!

1 comment:

Ngaio said...

WOW that is some meal - I bet the first pilgrims would have enjoyed it !! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all and well done on appointing your new President, maybe the world can breath easier now ??

Down here in the Southern Ocean, it is the beginning of summer and as I type this it is 9.00am on a stunning Sat morning, blue sky, gentle breeze and sunshine. I have enjoyed reading your blog, I have 2 that may interest you, the first is about my bees, the second a personal record of life here in Aotearoa (NZ) - pop in if your like, it would be nice to hear from you . .