Sunday, November 26, 2006

First Snow of the Year

Or at least the first accumulation of snow. To be honest, it snowed for a few minutes the other day. This morning however, it was the real thing. Snow blanketed the ground, clung to the branches of firs, and did it's best to pull my cat enclosure down.

I love the snow, so upon opening my eyes this morning, I exclaimed, "Oh, look, it's snowing!". I then jumped out of bed, grabbed my camera, and shot some pics. Here are some that are worth sharing:

The driveway
(Please notice 1)snow everywhere, and 2)the evidence of all the hard work I've done it getting those blackberries cut down. The area directly above the roof of the car and to the left of the drive was covered in 15' high blackberry bushes until this past couple of weeks.)

The firepit area

My poor cat enclosure - the weight of the snow is pulling the deer fencing even further off the poles

Looking off toward the old logging road

The view out the back door

No comments: